Fertigation allows greater control over where and when nutrients are delivered to your crop to optimise plant growth.
- Applies fertililser directly to the root zone, increasing nutrient absorption by the plants
- Allows smaller doses more frequently
- Allows application of nutrients at any time, as your crop needs it.
SAVES TIME & LABOUR
Fertigation leverages your irrigation system and means your don’t have to spend the time and money separately fertilising and irrigating.
- With less time on the tractor, you can save on fuel and labour as well as improve farm productivity.
SAVES ON FERTILISER COSTS
Conventional fertiliser application methods are not very efficient. Fertigation helps you get more growth from less fertiliser.
REDUCES SOIL COMPACTION
Reduces the need for surface traffic movement during irrigation and nutrient application to help to reduce soil
MINIMISES NEGATIVE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS
- Reduces fertiliser loss and leeching into the water table
- Reduces water usage due to the plant’s increased root mass
To maximise the benefits of fertigation, careful selection of fertiliser and injection equipment is important. We recommend talking with your local agronomist to work out your fertiliser needs. See our range of accurate, easy to install and easy to use fertigation pumps and systems here or contact us today.
For more background on fertigation and the benefits to crop yield, read an article by our agronomist: ‘Fertigation: Breaking Down Misconceptions.’