The Goods of SIA come with the guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. The Buyer is entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonable foreseeable loss or damage. The Buyer is also entitled to have the Goods repaired or replaced if the Goods fail to be of acceptable quality.
SIA warrants that all Goods and products it sells are free from defects in material and workmanship. All Goods and products manufactured by SIA are covered with a warranty for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase by the Buyer.
This warranty does not apply to:
(1) Goods no longer required by the Buyer;
(2) Goods incorrectly chosen by the Buyer;
(3)Goods modified or altered by the Buyer (including changing colour, welding or attaching additional parts, grinding);
(4) misuse of the Goods by the Buyer, neglect, lack of maintenance, or improper installation
(5) the resistance to or effect of corrosion of any type on any product or part
(6) the deterioration of rubber seals in all instances, no matter if caused as a result of failures caused by lack of proper maintenance, incompatible fluids, foreign materials in the driving media, in the pumped media or application pressures beyond the catalogue ratings or in any other way.
SIA’s obligation under this warranty is limited to repair, replacement or refund of the products, Goods, products or parts therein, depending on whether the products, Goods or parts therein have a major or non-major failure pursuant to its obligations under the Australian Consumer Law. Costs of removal, installation, freight or incidental or consequential damages will be determinant on whether the failure of the products, Goods, products or parts therein is deemed a major or non-major failure.
Further, the Buyer does hereby indemnify and hold SIA harmless from and against any loss as a result of the installation of products, Goods or parts therein of SIA, unless the loss suffered by the Buyer is independently determined to be the direct consequence of a major failure in the products, Goods or parts therein manufactured or supplied by SIA.
SIA warrants to the original Buyer only for the purchase of new Goods from SIA or authorised resellers and distributors, from the date of sale.